Summer camp for toddlers and preschoolers in Orlando is tough to come by. For the most part, your main option is private childcare or daycare. But there is a fun and educational option for little kids ages 2-5 during the summer at Central Florida Zoo and Botanical Gardens.
The Central Florida Zoo is one of our favorite things to do with toddlers in Orlando.
You won’t need zoo admission to participate in this summer program. Come explore the zoo’s Cub Club program!
Cub Club at Central Florida Zoo is BACK for 2023
Cub Club is relatively affordable and even offers FREE participation for siblings under 2 years of age.
Classes are held Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:00 – 10:45 am.
Classes are designed for children and require one adult for every two children. Adults are expected to participate with the registered child. Please note that zoo admission is separate and not required to attend, and siblings under the age of two can attend for free with a paid child.
Cub Club Price
- Annual Pass Holders: $15 per class
- Non-Pass Holders: $18 per class
- Siblings under the age of 2 can attend with a paid child
Cub Club 2023 Schedule
- Animals A-Z: Books and Music (June 5)
- Animals A-Z: Poetry (June 12)
- Animals A-Z: Nighttime Stories (June 19)
- Barnyard Buddies: Who Lives on a Farm? (June 7)
- Barnyard Buddies: Jobs on a Farm (June 14)
- Barnyard Buddies: Visiting the Barnyard (June 21)
- Colorful Creatures: Colors in Nature (June 26)
- Colorful Creatures: Colors and Camouflage (July 10)
- Colorful Creatures: Color Communications (July 17)
- I Spy at the Zoo: What Do You Smell? (June 28)
- I Spy at the Zoo: What Do You See? (July 12)
- I Spy at the Zoo: What Do You Hear? (July 19)
- Abracadabra: Magical Changes (July 24)
- Abracadabra: Glow in the Dark (July 31)
- Abracadabra: Animal Odyssey (August 7)
- Tree House Treasures: Rainforest Adventures (July 26)
- Tree House Treasures: Wild Woodlands (August 2)
- Tree House Treasures: Jungle Journeys (August 9)
From ants to zebras, bears to yaks, these animals A-Z programs will encourage kids to love to read! Great books, activities, and live animals will bring storybooks to life.
June 5 – Animals A-Z: Books and Music
June 12 – Animals A-Z: Poetry
June 19 – Animals A-Z: Nighttime Stories
Come with us to meet a variety of friendly, furry, and feathered barnyard animals at the Zoo. Crafts, games, and more will make this a fun time at the farm
June 7 – Barnyard Buddies: Who Lives on a Farm?
June 14 – Barnyard Buddies: Jobs on a Farm
June 21 – Barnyard Buddies: Visiting the Barnyard
Journey with us as we explore the amazing rainbow of colors found in nature. Learn how animals can use color as a disguise, a warning, or to attract other animals.
June 26 – Colorful Creatures: Colors in Nature
July 10 – Colorful Creatures: Colors and Camouflage
July 17 – Colorful Creatures: Color Communications
I Spy at the Zoo
Why does an opossum cross the road? Because he smells something good to eat! Children will learn about their own senses as they examine how animals use theirs to survive in the wild.
June 28 – I Spy at the Zoo: What Do You Smell?
July 12 – I Spy at the Zoo: What Do You See?
July 19 – I Spy at the Zoo: What Do You Hear?
Discover the magical things that animals can do! How does a caterpillar become a butterfly? What makes a firefly glow? Join us for this lively and magical class!
July 24 – Abracadabra: Magical Changes
July 31 – Abracadabra: Glow in the Dark
Aug. 7 – Abracadabra: Animal Odyssey
Tree House Treasures
Action and adventure await as we take a trip to the treetops! Explore exciting wildlife found hidden in the branches of rainforest, woodland, and jungle habitats.
July 26 – Tree House Treasures: Rainforest Adventures
August 2 – Tree House Treasures: Wild Woodlands
August 9 – Tree House Treasures: Jungle Journeys